Cinquesegni comes in 2008 from the desire of five friends to give a new light to the wine tradition, bringing together two Italian excellences: Wine and Art.
THE COLLECTIONOur wines
Behind each bottle there is a careful selection of the grapes made by our winemakers, but also an attention to design and to the ceramic creation by our artisans, which make Cinquesegni an Art Winery Boutique
- Tasting notesGarnet red, very intense and persistent with notes of blackberries, plums and raspberries; it has a wonderful spiced and delicate hint of vanilla, tobacco and shows a large complexity of scents. It reveals itself as full-bodied, deep, ripe, round, harmonic and persistent with a final hint of licorice. Great structure, good balance between alcohol and freshness, velvety tannins.
- VinificationSoft stalk-stripping, maceration-fermentation for 25 days. Malolactic fermentation in barriques followed by 13 months maturation.
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
- Tasting notes:Clear in the colour, very consistent, ruby red with purple reflections. Excellent intensity and good complexity, with hints of ripe red fruit, amaretto, marzipan and sweet spices. It is dry and warm, soft with fine tannins.
- VinificationLow temperatures in the first days of fermentation in order to extract the polyphenols, then temperature controlled at around 27° C. Malolactic fermentation and aging in American wood barrels for about six months.
- Primitivo Puglia IGP Biologico
- Tasting notes:Ruby red color with violet shades. Notes of fresh and crispy red fruits, with spicy notes of cinnamon. The taste has jam aromas with soft and enveloping tannins.
- VinificationThe fermentation temperature is carefully controlled at 25°C and lasts about 8 days. The alcoholic fermentation is carried out by selected yeasts. The aging takes place in stainless steel tanks.
- Primitivo Puglia IGP Biologico
- Tasting notes:Intense purple colour, tending towards amber with ageing. This wine has a very solid structure due to the elevated alcohol and the balance between the soft tannins and acidity, with a distinctive note of the barrel ageing.
- VinificationVinification is carried out using the traditional “submerged cap” system, carefully controlled in order to extract delicate tannins and varietal fruit characteristics. During the maturation phase in stainless steel wine vats and bottle, these evolve to reach their highest possible levels. Maceration lasts for 12-15 days at controlled temperatures not exceeding 28°C.
- Grillo Doc Sicilia
- Tasting notes:Colore giallo paglierino con riflessi verdolini. Profumo di albicocca e miele. Al gusto sorprende il finale che ricorda la frutta esotica.
- VinificationAfter soft-pressing the must is left to ferment at a temperature between 17°-19° C for 15–20 days in stainless steel vats. The wine is then stored at a controlled temperature between 18° and 20° C in special stainless-steel tanks until bottling.
- Primitivo di Manduria DOP
- Tasting notes:Intense red color with garnet reflections. Complex nose with hints of cherry, wild berries, jam and fruit under spirit. Aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg. The wine is structured in the mouth, smooth, velvetly soft and bodied. Long lasting taste with a soft tannin, rich and persistent.
- VinificationMaceration temperature controlled which lasts 12 days. The alcoholic fermentation is carried out by selected yeasts. Frequent stirring of the wine which allow the extraction of polyphenols and aromas.
CinqueSegni is company of Farnese Vini, a leader group in center-south Italy for the production and marketing of wines in more then 87 Countries worldwide and a team of 21 winemakers with a great international experience.
ArtThe only patented ceramic
As well as our farmers pick up the grapes and work it with their hands, also our craftsmen shape the ceramic with their hands and afterwards to combine it with the wine in order to make their bond indissoluble